Follow this simple baking soda and tea tree oil recipe to help remove odors on your carpet. This recipe also works great for removing odors from couches or inside a car. Baking soda and tea tree oil do a great job of absorbing and neutralizing odors. It’s a simple and low cost way to remove odors from carpet and upholstered furniture.
Natural Carpet Deodorizer
- Combine 4-5 drops of tea tree oil to 1/2 cup of baking soda. You can adjust the proportions for treating larger or smaller areas.
- Sprinkle the baking soda mixture over the affected carpet area
- Let the mixture sit on the carpet for 1-2 hours (or overnight if possible).
- Vacuum up the mixture to remove it from the carpet.
- Baking Soda
- Tea Tree Oil
- Add 4-5 drops of tea tree oil to ½ cup of baking soda. Adjust proportions if treating a larger area
- Sprinkle baking soda mixture on carpet area
- Let it sit for 1-2 hours (or overnight if possible) to allow the odors to absorb in the baking soda.
- Vacuum up the baking soda mixture.