If your microwave is like mine it has a tendency to get covered in food particles before you know it. Cleaning a microwave can be difficult because food particles harden and stick to the inside.
The key to easily removing the food particles is to soften them before wiping down the microwave. Follow this DIY cleaning recipe which works to soften the food particles while prepare an all natural cleaning mixture for wiping away the mess.
Natural Microwave Cleaner
- Pour 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of water into microwave safe bowl
- Microwave the mixture on high for 5 minutes. The vinegar mixture will produce steam which will work to soften the food particles in the microwave.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and let it sit for 10 minutes. Be careful the bowl and remaining mixture can be very hot!
- Use a sponge or cloth and dip it in the vinegar mixture.
- Wipe away the remaining food particles.
Check out this before and after to see how great this works! Click on the pictures to a see a close up view.
- 1 Cup of Vinegar
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Microwave Safe Bowl
- Combine ingredients in a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes
- Let stand for 15 minutes
- Wipe out microwave with a damp cloth.