If you love coffee or tea then you probably have a mug or two that is stained. Putting the mug in the dishwasher or scrubbing it by hand will decrease the stain, but may not remove it.
Don’t worry though! There is hope to get your favorite mug sparkling clean!
How to Clean Coffee Stains From Mugs
- Place one tablespoon of baking soda inside the mug
- Pour two tablespoons of white vinegar inside the mug
- Use a brush or rag to mix the solution around the entire mug
- Leave solution in the mug to sit for 10 minutes
- Scrub the inside of the mug again while rinsing it out with warm water
DIY TIP: For really stubborn stains or stains in porous mugs, let the vinegar and baking soda mixture soak overnight.
Check out this before and after photo to see the results!
- 1 tablespoon Baking Soda (per cup)
- 2 tablespoons White Vinegar
- Place 1 tablespoon of Baking Soda into cup.
- Add 2 tablespoons White Vinegar.
- Let the mix fiz and use a kitchen cloth or scrub brush to cover inside of the mug with mix.
- Let the cleaning solution soak in the mug for 10 minutes.
- Rub inside of cup with a scrubbing brush or kitchen cloth.
- Rinse with warm water.